Some appreciate the Labour Day holiday weekend by relaxing, but others use the extra day to accomplish big tasks like moving. If you are planning to relocate your home over the holiday weekend, you should read Let’s Get Moving expert moving tips for moving in Toronto on Labour Day.
Book Moving Day Early
With the high demand for moving during the Labour Day holiday weekend, many moving companies may be booked. Try to book your move as early as possible so you are not stuck with an unreliable or expensive moving company. Let’s Get Moving provides affordable rates for premier moving services in Toronto.
Create a Moving Checklist
Coordinate your upcoming move by creating a moving checklist. A moving checklist helps you stay organized before moving day. Our award-winning Toronto movers have all the moving tips and hacks in our convenient and expert moving checklist.
Packing can be the most overwhelming aspect of relocating. Give yourself plenty of time to organize your packing efforts and belongings. Our expert residential Toronto movers and packers have many packing and moving tips, including:
- Begin by organizing your belongings into categories and donate what you no longer need.
- Gather your packing supplies. If you have trouble finding trusted packing materials that will keep your belongings secure during transit, purchase our premium moving supplies. Our high-quality and affordable packing and moving kits will ensure your belongings remain damage-free during your upcoming move on Labour Day.
- Take pictures of your electronics so you can easily reassemble them in your new home.
- Pack your decorative items first, and then continue to pack your essential belongings closer to moving day.
- Label your moving boxes so you can easily organize the moving boxes by room or category. Labelling your moving boxes also allows your movers to know if the box is fragile or heavy.
- Pack an essentials bag for at least two days. This essential bag should have a change of clothes, a wallet with cash to tip your moving labour, important documents, medications, phone and laptop chargers, toiletries, and other necessities you may need on a moving day.
- In case you require a storage solution, give yourself as much time to pack. Many discover during the packing process that they need temporary or long-term storage in our storage facility in Toronto.
Does the idea of all that packing sound stressful? Hire our professional Packers instead! Our full-service packing services include furniture disassembly/reassembly, speciality installation, custom packing for speciality items, labelling moving boxes, and securing your belongings for relocating over Labour Day weekend. Our award-winning packing and moving company in Toronto only utilizes premium moving supplies and services to assist with your packing needs.
Don’t Wait to Clean your House on Moving Day
Moving day, especially on Labour Day, will be hectic. Do not wait to clean your house on a moving day. Not only do you need to prepare to leave early due to holiday traffic, but cleaning may get in the way of your movers. Plan on cleaning your house or apartment at least three days before relocating.
Need the Best GTA Moving Services? Hire Our Toronto Movers!
Ready to work with the best moving and storage company in Toronto? Contact or call (647) 371-5909 to receive a free moving quote from our affordable moving company. Don’t wait! Let’s get a booking with the best GTA movers this Labour Day holiday weekend.