If you’re considering moving within Toronto, and are worried about the moving costs, we’re here to guide you.
Moving is not a DIY approach. Trying to move without professional help can cause injury or damage in the process. For this reason, you cannot overlook the importance of hiring professional movers.
As a rule of thumb, you can expect to pay somewhere between $650 to $1000, for a one-bedroom apartment local move within Toronto.
In Toronto, the movers are hired on an hourly basis and the hourly rate can vary from $150 to $250 excluding taxes. However, the total moving cost in Toronto may vary depending on the size of your home, the number of boxes you want to move, your distance and whether you have any special items to move.
If you rarely deal with movers, you may find it hard to know what a fair moving price can be. Do not worry, we’re here to help you demystify the moving costs in Toronto.
What is the moving cost formula? What factors influence moving costs? And what is the average price for movers in Toronto you can expect to pay? We’ll answer all these questions to help you make the right financial decisions when moving.
Formula For Calculating The Cost Of Moving In Toronto
The first step is to gain a clear understanding of the moving expenses involved in the process. There can be some variations from company to company, but it follows the same simple formula.
The formula: (company moving rate x move duration) + additional charges = final moving price.
- Company Moving rate: the hourly rate the moving company charges
- Move Duration: the time your move takes, from start to finish.
- Additional Charges: include fees for moving boxes, packaging tape, or wrap.
It’s also important to be aware of the hidden costs. This may include extra fees for moving heavy or special items.
While charging extra to move heavier items is common, the problem comes when clients are not aware of the charges and then they don’t approve it.
Fortunately, at Let’s Get Moving, we guarantee no hidden costs that hike up your bill.
What Factors Influence The Average Cost Of Movers In Toronto?
Besides base moving rates, below are a few other factors that can influence your estimate.
Time Of Moving
The higher the demand for movers, the higher your moving fees will be. Summer is the most expensive time to move, with spring taking the second rank. Moving in winter or autumn would be your best bet.
The time of the week also significantly affects moving costs. People prefer to move over the weekend, making that a hectic time for movers, hence the higher price. We recommend you schedule your move during the week for an added discount.
For example, Let’s Get Moving charges lower fees on weekdays from the 4th to the 26th of every month.
Moving Size & Type
As you can see from the above formula, the longer the move takes, the more you can expect to pay. Keeping this in mind, you can have an idea of how the size of a house can affect the cost of moving.
A home with 4 bedrooms will take longer to move than a 1-bedroom apartment. Therefore the 1-bedroom move will be cheaper.
The same logic applies to other factors, like stairs. If the movers have to climb many stairs in your apartment block, it will take longer than if you were on the ground floor.
So the building you live in and the size of your home or business will impact how long the move takes and how much it costs. More time = more money.
Moving Special Items
Having special items like pool tables, pianos and hot tubs require more movers or equipment that will also increase your bill.
If you have a few cumbersome items that require more space – i.e., a bigger moving truck – and more movers, you can expect to pay a little more.
Keep in mind that your moving company will mention this to you when determining your estimate. It shouldn’t be added as a surprise fee to your bill.
You might have noticed that our formula doesn’t contain any moving distance parameters. It’s because we charge for the move duration instead of charging for gas.
For example, if you are moving 2 hours away, we’ll only add the 2 hours of driving as 2 hours of moving on your bill. Therefore, a local move will, of course, work out cheaper than a long-distance move.
Additional Moving Services
While relocating in Toronto, many extra services come into play, usually in the form of packing, junk removal, last-minute added services, etc. These fees can add up quickly, but you should always discuss your budget with your mover before any commitment.
For example, Let’s Get Moving tailors the move to your budget. If it is heading beyond what you can afford, you’ll know about it and can then adjust accordingly.
Average Toronto Moving Estimates
While there is a lot of variation in Toronto moving services, there are some average estimates to keep in mind.
|Number of movers required||
Average cost range
The time of year you choose to move can drastically affect the moving cost.
In peak season, a typical 3-bedroom apartment move in Toronto can go from $1,800 to $2,500. But just as they can go higher, the cost of moving can also be quite affordable, especially if you are using a company like Let’s Get Moving.
Why Should You Hire Professional Movers Like Let’s Get Moving?
Let’s Get Moving offers affordable moving services. But that’s not all we offer.
We’re an award-winning Toronto-based moving company with years of experience and a knack for excellence. Our comprehensive and brilliant services remain error-free after years of gaining experience.
Our testimonials show how we have helped Toronto families, friends, and businesses move without hassle and delay. And we can do the same for you!
Our quality service list includes the following:
- Residential Moving: No matter the size or the distance of your residential move, we can take care of it for you. With our full-service residential moving service, you can sit back and let the professionals take care of moving your household belongings.
- Commercial Moving: Commercial moving has never been easier! With Let’s Get Moving’s full-service commercial moving and competitive rates, your business will be up and running in no time.
- Packing & Supplies: Don’t feel like packing? Then don’t! Let our professional movers quickly and effectively pack all your belongings. We also have high-quality moving supplies to keep your valuables safe without costing a fortune.
- Storage: Whether you need space while looking for a home or don’t have enough space after a move, our storage solutions are a perfect choice for you.
- Heavy or special items Moving: If you’ve got a pool table, piano, or hot tub, you may be wondering whether movers will handle it for you or not. The answer is yes, they will. The movers have the special equipment to manage specialty moving or high-value goods for you.
- Junk removal: If you want to get rid of old appliances and furniture then junk removal service is for you. This may include refrigerators, washing machines, sofa sets, beds, dryers and other heavy appliances which are of no use to you.
For the best moving services at the best price, partner with Let’s Get Moving. Give us a call at 647-371-5952 and talk to one of our team members. Tell us about your needs and budget, and we promise to make it work.
How Can I Reduce The Cost Of Movers In Toronto?
If you need moving services but find the prices far above your budget, you can take steps to reduce moving costs.
- Choose A Discounted Moving Day: The time of year and the time of the week you choose to move has a significant impact on moving costs. Choose a weekday – Tuesday is the cheapest – and move during the off-season – winter or autumn.
- DIY Packing: Packing is one of the best draws of the moving process. But if you can’t afford the moving costs, doing your own packing is the fastest and surest way to reduce moving costs.
- Declutter: Time is money with moving, and having movers spend hours decluttering your home will increase your bill. Prepare for moving day by decluttering your home. It will speed up the moving process, lower the amount of stuff that needs to be moved, and save you money.
Why Move To Toronto?
If you’re looking up moving companies in Toronto, it’s safe to assume you’re looking to move to this great city. Don’t hesitate! Toronto welcomes you with open arms and a few other awesome perks.
The Cost Of Living In Toronto
Toronto is the capital city of Ontario. It’s a bright, beautiful city with the largest population in Canada. It is a cultural melting pot with everything you would expect from a capital city.
The estimated cost of living without rent for a single person is $1,323, and for a family of four, you can expect to pay around $4,282. Check the table below to gain insights into the average cost of living in Toronto.
Estimated Monthly Cost (CAD)
$750 for singles, $2000+ for families
Utilities (electricity, heating, water, cooling and garbage)
Transportation (public transport)
|Covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan)|
Varied based on income
Things To Do In Toronto
Whether moving to Toronto with your family or by yourself, there will always be something to do. The city has a host of attractions for all kinds of people.
The nightlife is bright and eclectic. During the day, you can enjoy various museums and galleries.
Famous People From Toronto
Get A Free Estimate With Our Moving Cost Calculator
If you’ve decided to give Toronto a go, it’s time to book your move with Let’s Get Moving! We’d love to help you on your journey into one of the world’s most fascinating cities.
Let us know what your moving needs are, what your budget looks like, and what your concerns are. We promise to help you on your journey with our friendly, professional, and affordable services. Give us a call, and let us get moving for you!
Moving Costs Toronto FAQ
How Much Should You Budget For A Toronto Move?
For a local Toronto apartment move, we’d suggest budgeting anywhere from $650 to $1,000. Suppose your move is more significant; budget for more. If you are moving long distances, prepare for $2,500 to $4,000.
What Is A Fair Price For Toronto Movers?
It can be tricky to determine a fair moving price. Still, your best guide will be the average costs we mentioned under the average moving estimates section. Besides the moving cost, no hidden fees are a good indicator of fair prices.
How Much Do Movers Cost Per Hour In Toronto?
The average hourly rate of Toronto movers is $150 to $250. This hourly rate will change with the season, the quality of the moving company, and the supplies used during the move. That said, just because they charge more doesn’t guarantee better work.
How Much Does It Cost To Move My 1-Bedroom Apartment In Toronto?
Unless you have a lot of stairs, a lot of belongings, or a complicated moving project that is held up by architectural issues, you can expect to pay anywhere between $650 and $1000 for a 1-bedroom apartment.
What Is Included In A Toronto Move?
For a full-service moving company like Let’s Get Moving, we handle every aspect of the moving project. From packing at point A to unpacking at point B, the moving company will handle everything.